The Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate Of Gulu and Marian Brothers enjoyed the celebration of the Centinary of Ediofe Cathedral which tool place on 29th July 2018 becuase of the historical life of their Founder Bishop Angelo Negri as the first Ordinary in this place.
The current Ordinary His Lordship Bishop Sabino Ocan Odoki brought out the historical involvement of all the previous Ordinaries and for us of Bishop Angelo Negri was because of the reasons below:
- We recall he gave his last breath there in the parish house and his body laid in the Parish church now the Cathedral until it was brought to Gulu for burial.
- The opening of the current busy road from Pakwach through Anaka was opened by the British Provincial Commissioner to transport his remains to be buried in his See in Gulu Cathedral.
- By the time of his demise on 11th November 1949 he had consecrated 16 of the current Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu which he founded in 1942 and he had the plans to also start the Institute of the Little Brothers of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (the current Marian Brothers).
- The current Ediofe LSMIG Convent was the First Convent he established with Rev. Mother Angioletta Dognini for the Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate,the first indigenous Institute for Religious Women. That time too established the first LSMIG Novitiate in Nyapea currently now under Nebbi diocese but that time it was part of Equatorial Nile Province of which Bishop Angelo Negri was the ordinary.
- The first Little Sister of Mary Immaculate of Gulu, Rev.Sr. Santina Adjumani is buried amongst the Christians in the parish cemetery of Ediofe.
- One of the first girls Baptised and Confirmed in Ediofe Parish was Sr. Mary Agnes Akello lsmig.RIP
- The Institute founded by Bishop Angelo Negri has the off-spring as the Institute of the Daughters of the Merciful Heart of Jesus and Mary in Otumbari Parish and it is growing.
Karimojong, Runyoro/Rutoro, Runyakole/Rukiga, Luganda, Kakwa, Acholi, Arabic and Italian.