Mary Queen of Peace school has special start and attributes to pass on. The Little Sisters saw in their skin the turmoils the sons and daughters in Northern Uganda under went from the 20 years of insurgency and by that time of which the children were not alien. For safety they, with their mothers left the comforts of home and slept on the streets, LSMIG Mother House convent, hospital,churches, town, schools etc.
Mother Angioletta Kindergarten was founded by Sr. Susan Clare Ndeezo in 1993 in a chicken House at Sacred Heart Sacred Heart Secondary school with the mind to support the children of the Staff of Sacred Heart Secondary school and the staff of St. Mary’s Hospital Lacor. The name of the school is after the Mother Co-foundress Rev. Mother Angioletta Dognini a Comboni Missionary who faithfully sustained the Institute of the Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu after the untimely demise of their Founder Bishop Angelo Negri Servant of God.
The Zonal Coordinator of Gulu East, Rev. Sr. Rosalba Aciro earlier on mobilized her sisters for the Easter recollection through letters and phone calls. The resources for the retreat were gathered from communities which were tasked to organize particular items on the budget. Everything was brought ready at St. Mauritz Community which managed it successfully. One of the Councilors Sr. Immaculate Agul attended the retreat.
The Institute's overall Vocation Director said in her speech : A home without children is a Dead Home" This is to say when new entrants is realized in the Institute , It is like activating the life of the Institute. The Institute features its future a success for its many apostolate of evangelization through new entrants.
Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu organize a Convention about Bishop Angelo Negri, Servant of God
This is our 5th meeting on 28th March 2017 was blessed with the presence of the Ordinary of Arua Diocese Rt. Rev. Bishop Sabino Ocan Odoki. His presence was of great importance in the meeting because our Founder Bishop Angelo Negri gave his last breath in Ediofe Parish on 11th November 1949 when he was on Pastoral Visitations to Moyo, Lodonga, Maracha, Arua, Nyapea, Nebbi and Angal ( Former Arua Diocese) His Body was taken and buried in Gulu, where his Seat was.
The Lord LOVES all and the Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate are blessed to participate with the program of Family of Africa started by Rev. Fr. Felice to provide formal education and practical skills for girls with hearing impairment.
Sr. Celine Akumu is the Principle of this newly established school in Biina Parish in a slam Area of Kampala our capital City.
We, the Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu, have no words to express what we owe to Mother Anglioletta Dognini. We came to be and survive because of her determination.Our first sisters professed in 1945 but in 1949 we painfully lost our beloved Founder Bishop Angelo Negri the Servant of God. He had seen only 4 groups professed through leaving the rest tender and delicate as a new Institute in the hands of Mother Angioletta.
Page 2 of 4
We have 27 guests and no members online